This section contains a collection of documents that have been presented at ISV Seminars, Surveying Expos and Regional Conferences, together with general industry information.
Technical Information Archive:
ISV Winter Webinar 4 "Surveying and Bushfire Recovery"
Presented by Peter Howie (MISNSW, ICD Asia Pacific)
FPET Points: 1 Cadastral Survey Practice
Any Surveyor, at anytime, anywhere in the world, after any natural disaster can repeat this project and achieve the same results. Recent bushfires significantly impacted many regions across Australia including vast areas bushland and some rural & residential areas. Approximately four weeks after the bushfires ceased we voluntarily commenced a project in one bushfire affected community.
ISV Winter Webinar 3 "Service Authority Requirements in Subdivisions"
ISV Winter Webinar 1 “Crown Land Issues around Rivers and Streams"
“CROWN LAND ISSUES AROUND RIVERS AND STREAMS”
NEVILLE BRAYLEY MISVic, Senior Surveyor (Great Ocean Road) | Surveyor-General Victoria
FPET Points: 1 Cadastral Survey Practice
A look at some of the survey related issues specific to Crown land around rivers and creeks. Topics will include land dealings from the 1830s – 1880s, land status tenures and types, early Land Acts and Government Gazettes, the 1881 Permanent Public Purposes Reserve along some watercourses, what is important about 1905 to Crown land boundaries.
Joint ISV/CSV Webinar Series
Tuesday 19 May, 11am – 12pm. Complex Mixed Use Subdivisions By Rhett Oliver, Partner, Colin Biggers & Paisley Pty Ltd (1 Cadastral Survey Practice Point)
Thursday 21 May, 11am – 12pm. Sustainability in the Planning Process – Why is it Needed? What is Required? What are the Benefits? By Samuel Thompson, Director, Ecoresults (1 Development Planning Point)
Tuesday 26 May, 11am – 12pm. Overview of Aboriginal Cultural Heritage and Project Related Requirements. By Jen Burch, Director/Archaeologist/Heritage Advisor, Jem Archaeology Pty Ltd (1 Development Planning Point)
Thursday 28 May, 11am – 12pm. Major Transport Projects Facilitation Act dealing By Matthew Curtis, LUV (1 Cadastral Survey Practice Point)
GPS Rovers comparison
Have you ever wondered how the various GPS Rovers compare?
ISV / SSSI Joint Seminar: 21 January 2020
Professional Development Seminar: 5 December 2019
North Central Seminar: 12 November 2019
Gippsland Regional Group Seminar: 10 October 2019
2019 Surveying Expo
Robin McDowell “Easements – What are they good for?”
Alexandra Lee “We are all storytellers”
Michelle Russo “Professional Training Agreements”
Kellie Dean “ISV Strategic Plan”
Desmond Zhang “ISV Student Representative”
Land Use Victoria Update “26Y”
Craig Sandy “Mental Health and the Surveying Profession”
Licensed Surveyor Brand Communication Guide
One of the objectives of the Surveying Task Force is to raise the profile of the surveying profession.
With the assistance of substantial ISV funding, the STF undertook a significant research and branding project to develop a clear brand position for Licensed Surveyors.
Available for you here is a Brand Communications Guide that articulates that brand position.
Sincere thanks to Members for any input they provided into this cornerstone document.
The development of this guide was based on supplying the profession with a single communication touchpoint that addresses all of the facets of the profession. It provides guidance on how to communicate the breadth of the surveying profession’s impact and role.
The guide contains:
– A rundown of the key brand attributes of the licensed surveyor brand.
– Detailed outlines of the key benefits derived by stakeholders such as architects and developers.
– Examples of content for use on websites and other communication mediums.
– Elevator pitches for reference when communicating the various roles licensed surveyors take on.
– Directives for copywriting and branding mandatories across state lines.
ISV recommends you review this document, incorporating the language and messaging therein across your online, social and print communications where you deem appropriate.
These guidelines, if adhered to, will help position the surveying profession as an integral pillar upon which the modern world is built and administrated.
If there are any comments or feedback on the guide, please contact the ISV as needed.
Diversity and Inclusion
Regional Conference: 22 - 24 February 2019
Joint ISV & CSV Seminar: 25 May 2018
2018 Regional Conference: 27-29 April 2018
2017 Regional Conference: 8th September, 2017
- Self Determination & Sovereignty
- Trade Updates – C R Kennedy & UPG
- a. Updates from the NSW Surveyor-General
b. The Changing Face of Surveying
- Land Use Victoria – Conveyancing Transformed
- Dealing with Road Status
- NSW Registered Surveyors Update
a. Cadastral Integrity
- Cross River Cadastral Forum
- Challenges, Change & Opportunity: Natural Disasters and Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome
- Local Town Planning Issue
- Searching of Cadastral Records
- Development Planning – Lessons from the Christchurch Earthquake
- Improve your Office-to-field-to-office process using Leica Equipment and Liscad software
- SRBV PRoject Guidelines
- Review of Native Vegetation Revulation Victoria
- Getting to know the Trimble SX10 Inside and Out
Summer Seminar: 1st February, 2017
2016 Regional Conference, Horsham: 9th-10th September 2016
- Welcome to Horsham
- Keynote Address – Where the Wind Blows
- Making the Most of Technology in Everyday Surveying
3a. The Land Victoria Cadastral Hour
- Bushfire Management Overlays Mapping and Schedules
- a. Updates from the Surveyors-General – Part 1
b. Updates from the Surveyors-General – Part 2
c. Updates from the Surveyors-General – Part 3
d. Updates from the Surveyors-General – Part 4
- Confessions Time – Parish Plans
- Governance Arrangements for Reserved Land
- A Birds Eye View
Videos are available on YouTube
- Horsham South Structure Plan Project
- Use of 3D Visualisation on Problem Solving and Analytical Studies
- Technology used on the Tallarook Dam Project
- Telecommnication Conditions and Changing Legislation
- Melanoma Body Mapping – A Risk Management Special Feature
- Cadastral Graffiti – Art for Art’s sake?
2016 Surveying Expo, St. Kilda: 15th July 2016
- Keynote Address – Without Borders
- Launch of the ISV Strategic Plan (pptx)
- Raising the Profile Project FIG Working Week (pptx)
- Young Surveyors (pptx)
- a – The next generation of TS & MS
b – Leica LS Digital Levels (video)
c – Leica Viva GS16 Be Captivated (video)
- UPG Presentation (pptx)
- Surveyor General Update (pptx)
- Risk Management Cyber and Workplace Bullying Bully Zero Australia Foundation (pdf)
- Into the Wind Survey Technology Helps Energise Wind Farm (pptx) *This is a large file (450MB)
- Datum Modernisation Hayden Asmussen ISV Survey Expo (pptx)
- Improving Our Representation of the Real World (pptx)
- The Land Victoria Cadastral Hour ISV Surveying Expo 2016 (pptx)
Regional Conference, Wangaratta: 17th-19th April 2015
- Keynote Address – Success in Business – John Brown.pdf
- Update from the Surveyor-General.pptx
- Encouraging Mass BIM Adoption – The Role of the Scan-to-BIM Workflow – Matt Rumbelow.pptx
- A Rural Subdivision in the Northern Territory – Neville Brayley.pptx
a – A Rural Subdivision in the Northern Territory – Photos – Neville Brayley.pptx
- Restrictive Covenants – Neil Haydon.ppt
- Work Integrated Learning – a win win win situation.ppt
- Embracing New Technology to Advance Your Business – “Scanning and Point Cloud” (Roger Whyte MISVic)
ISV Scanning Presentation.pptx
Point Cloud Procedures.docx
Bin Rendered (video)
Point Cloud Scanning (video)
Leica Nova Clash Detection Application (video)
- Gallipoli Mapping – Peter Jensen.ppt
- Cadastral Water Boundaries – Neville Brayley.pptx
- Next-Gen Australian Geodetic Datum – Richard Stanaway.ppt
- FIG Working Week 2016 – Jeff Needham
2.45pm FIG WW 2016 full presentation base (9 slides) – HD video – Hadyn.pptx
Recovery from Disaster (video)
- The Korumburra Solution – Rod Deakin.pptx
- Your Body Your Future – Melanie McGrice.pptx
- Bending the Beam – Frank Johnston.pptx
- A Walk in the Park – Rob Steel.pdf
ISV Surveying Expo - Melbourne - 25 July 2014
- Keynote Address – Being an Ethical Surveyor – Dr Richard Lucas, University of Canberra.pptx
- Geodetic Modernisation – Roger Fraser, Office of Surveyor-General.ppt
- Update of Surveyor-General’s Practice Directives – Eddie Cichoki, Office of Surveyor-General.ppt
- Legal Responsibilities Relating to Easements – Michael Mammen, Partner, HWL Ebsworth Lawyers.PPTX
- Challenges to and Relevance of a Licensed Surveyor – Paul Kenny, MISVic.pptx
- GPSnet CORS – an Update for 2014 – Hayden Asmussen, DEPI.ppt
- Victoria In Future 2014 – David Sykes, DTPLI.ppt
- Practical Application of UAVs in Surveying – Paul Standen, UPG.pptx
- XXV FIG Congress – Tom Champion, MISVic.pptx
- The Alignment of Melbourne’s Laneways – Leon Wilson, City of Melbourne.ppt
- SPEAR and ePLAN Update – Chris Lester, Land Victoria.pptx
2014 Regional Conference, Launceston: 28 February - 2 March
- Cadastre 2034 – Powering Land and Real Property – Michael Giudici
- A Non-Contact Precision Measurement System for Dynamic Structural Monitoring – Craig Mathie
- CSN Update – Phil Dingeldei
- You Never Stop Learning – UTas – Jon Osborn
- You Never Stop Learning – UniMelb – Stephan Winter
- You Never Stop Learning – RMIT – Don Grant
- Elliptic integrals – what I should have known – Rod Deakin
- Elevating the Public’s Perception of the Professional Land Surveyor – Mick Rose
- Update from the Office of Surveyor-General Victoria – John Tulloch
- Lidar – the new App – Simon Fuller
- Lidar – the new App – 2 – Simon Fuller
- The Boundary between Tasmania and Victoria – Garry Moore
- The Guatemala experience – Anthony McClaren
- The Risks Surveying Business Face – Frank Culliver
Glenelg-Grampians Regional Group Seminar 21 November 2013
Surveying Expo - Melbourne - 30 August 2013
- A Smarter Way To Manager Our Water – Simon Want (Living Victoria)
- Parting the Seas: dividing responsibility for water leaks in subdivision property – Tim Graham (HWL Ebsworth)
- Recent Reforms to Victoria’s Planning System – David Vorchheimer (HWL Ebsworth)
- Improved High Precision GNSS Positioning with New Satellites and Signals – Nick Talbot (Trimble Navigation Australia)
- Wurundjeri Way Road Closure and Collins St Bridge Declaration – Adrian Freeman (Beveridge Williams) JG Gillespie Gold Medal Winner
- Update from the Office of Surveyor General Victoria – John E. Tulloch (Surveyor General Victoria)
- Complaints made under the Surveying Act 2004 – Michael Loy LS (Surveyors Registration Board of Victoria)
- Cadastral Examples – Peter Sullivan
ISV Professional Development Seminar 24 May 2013