Website Hickory Group
Join one of Australia's most innovative construction companies
Hickory’s story began in 1991 when fourth generation builders embarked on a journey to create an innovative and dynamic construction company that has grown and forged an incredible reputation. It is now one of Australia’s largest and most respected high-rise builders and employs over 700 team members.
Our philosophy is focused on ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, in its fullest extent, each and every day. Everything we do and everything we make is ‘MADE for LIFE.’
We are seeking a full-time Surveyor to join team. This is a site-based position, the primary focus of this role being to survey the building site to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the project documentation and all legislative requirements.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Conduct set out survey in order to establish key markers used to guide the building process; provide site set out information.
- Aid in the coordination of building documentation and plant and materials.
Provide site set out to trades as required and as determined by Hickory’s directors e.g. services set out and drywall set out.
- Review and coordinate shop drawings required for set out documentation and project documentation.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data including calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
- Analyse survey objectives and specifications to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has:
- Tertiary qualifications in Surveying.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Construction industry.
- Demonstrated ability to read plans.
- Professional-standard written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport quickly and easily with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, with good initiative and an ability to operate independently.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
Aside from a great opportunity to work for one of Australia’s top commercial builders, there are also some great benefits on offer:
- A family-oriented feel where you are more than just a number and where there is a commitment to delivering on promises and creating an incredible experience for employees. Our team are seen as ‘our biggest asset’!
- A culture of innovation, learning, and growth; where inventive thinking, hard work and dedication is acknowledged and celebrated.
- Access to the Head Office facilities, including:
- Wellness and fitness centre with yoga studio and gym.
- In-house café and bar.
- Lockers, secure bike storage, towel and dry-cleaning service, shower and change rooms; and
- On-site high-pressure car wash bay.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please submit your detailed cover letter and CV today via Seek: https://www.seek.com.au/job/56966188
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.