Website Spatial Vision
We are recruiting a Cadastral Adjustment Technician to join the DCM 2×2 Project.
As a Cadastral Adjustment Technician, you will be responsible for using survey information captured from original survey plans to analyse and adjust all land parcel boundaries across the State to create a more accurate digital representation of the cadastre. This role would suit someone with 2-3 years of cadastral surveying experience.
- Expand your surveying career and skills
- 1 Year Full Time Fixed Term Contract role
- Training on adjustment tools and work practices provided
You will be part of the team breaking new ground as the State embarks on world-best practice in transitioning to a significantly improved digital cadastre. This cadastre will underpin all future spatial developments in the State, in addition to impacting on many aspects of our lives more generally which are increasingly dependent on this digital foundation.
• Undertake least squares adjustment and analysis of large volumes of cadastral plan and survey data.
• Validate adjustment results to identify problems and resolve.
• Conduct detailed search of plans and field notes, including parish plans and charts to create a chain of survey.
• Visually review adjusted coordinates against high resolution imagery and cadastral map base to ensure good agreement.
• Identify and report unique cadastral issues to team leader
• Maintain records of adjustments undertaken.
• Complete other duties as required to meet project or client requirements.
• Experience in cadastral surveying
• Experience in creating a chain of survey or searching for survey plans and field notes, including parish plans and charts.
• Experience with making decisions considering multiple sources of data, highly regarded
• Experience with undertaking least squares survey adjustments, highly regarded
• Understanding of the Victorian cadastral system, highly regarded
All applicants must have a suitable remote working environment. There may be a requirement to attend Spatial Vision’s head office in Melbourne CBD throughout the contract depending on COVID19 restrictions.
We are hiring for an October or November start date. Submit your cover letter and CV through our online portal.
Applications close: Monday 12th October 2020.
If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential conversation about the role, please contact Katie Ziccone, HR and Organisational Development Manager on 0405 770 073.
At Spatial Vision, we believe that a diverse and inclusive team makes us better. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply and join the passionate team at Spatial Vision.
To apply for this job please visit www.datakiosk.com.au.