There are seven grades of members of ISV, being Honorary Fellows, Fellows, Members, Graduates, Affiliates, Associates and Students.
Requirements for Membership
To become a corporate member of ISV, a person must hold an approved Bachelor Degree Award, or equivalent, in a discipline of surveying, or before 1 January 1988, hold a Certificate of Competency in Surveying, and have at least two years satisfactory experience since graduation or registration.
Benefits of Membership
- An appreciation and understanding of all facets of the profession.
- Continuing professional development through participation in conferences, seminars, sponsored workshops and tours.
- The receipt of technical journals and news bulletins.
- The experience gained from involvement with fellow professionals and the solidarity of a unified group - the stronger the membership the stronger the collective influence.
- Improved personal status together with the opportunity to express opinions and participate in the development of future technological or educational trends.
- Social opportunities among colleagues with mutual interests.
- Opportunity for participation in group purchase programmes.
How to become a Member
A person wanting to become a member of ISV completes an application form (available by either downloading here or from the office) and provides copies of qualifications and a brief resume.